THE CLIENT: an international leader in software defined networking (SDN) who operates a global network infrastructure. Their network enables fast, flexible, and on-demand connectivity to hundreds of global services with an extensive footprint throughout Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and the Middle East.
THE REQUIREMENT: as a market leader, our client already had an established presence in key industrial and commercial hubs around the world. Through acquisition they had also established an operational presence in a number of other markets. The request was to help them build business cases for their next wave of global expansion.
THE APPROACH: our client had a clear and comprehensive approach to how they wanted to build the business case for any new centres of operation.
They needed clarity across a number of areas:
- the general economic outlook in the country
- the key industries there
- the use of cloud services in the region
- predicted growth in ICT and cloud service usage over the next 5 years
- existing service providers in the market
- potential competitors in the market
- potential partners in the market
- the legal framework for telecommunications operators in the market
THE RESULTS: we worked with the client to agree the format and required out put for each report. We then set to work to conduct all of the research. At the end of the project, the client’s management team had territory reports spanning 9 different target countries and over 20 potential target sites within them. They have also proceeded to set up new operations in some of these.